Brooks Ravenna 5 Running Shoes, Red, 12 UK. The Brooks Ravenna 5 Running Shoes, still offering the same features as its predecessor, but improved further with extra cushioning and a bit more flex than the version 4. This shoe offer the mild over-pronator a plush ride without compromising on the same great Ravenna feel which fans have come to love. The Brooks Ravenna 5 has been built to provide a controlled fit, whilst still offering the support the runner needs. Underfoot, a more flexible Omega Flex Grooves allow for dynamic flexibility without compromising on cushioning. When stable, it supports greatly, whilst in transit, opens up superbly to offer a freer range of movement. The Flextra Rubber Unit also helps the forefoot flex better having been strategically installed for tuned flexibility. The Brooks Ravenna 5 still offers runners superb support too, with is DRB ACCEL Shank gifting midfoot strength, whilst the Diagonal Roll Bar gives over-pronators the running relief they need to train hard in optimal comfort.
- Extra Flexibility (Omega Flex Grooves) – This innovation enhances the flexibility of the midsole and provides an effortless forefoot ride while still offering great cushioning and midsole integrity. The unique shape of an Omega Flex Groove allows it to flex dynamically without compromising cushioning. When at rest, it supports the shoe. When it’s flexing, the groove opens up to allow greater flexibility.
- Flextra – Strategically placed in the forefoot outsole, this rubber piece varies in degrees of support to correspond with gender and weight categories, providing tuned flexibility.
- Diagonal Rollbar (DRB) – A high-density post at the medial arch is engineered for pronation control and creates a smoother transition from the midstance phase into the propulsion phase.
- Anatomical Brooks DNA – Working with BioMoGo, Brooks DNA responds to your every step, dispersing impact and providing ideal comfort and protection as the pace and surface change.
- DRB Accel – Enhances tunable torsion of the midfoot. Shank-like thermoplastic device which offers improved midfoot strength.